At Vogue Homes, how you get there is our priority.
Building a new home can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. We believe that education is critical. We take the time to explain key building elements to ensure the process is as simple and rewarding as possible.
Our team has years of experience so that you can design and build with us in confidence. Every Vogue Home built is a combined effort from all departments, and most importantly, you! Our highly experienced staff will provide exceptional customer service to ensure the building process is a smooth one.
The stages below are our roadmap from start to finish.
Visit us at one of our display locations and meet our friendly staff to discuss the best possible solution for you. Here you can view our range of quality inclusions and begin your journey by going through a variety of Vogue designs or begin the conversation on your new custom home.
Depending on what you need, our team will then begin to assess your situation; e.g. land, house size etc. to provide you with a price expectation, at no charge.
After visiting us at one of our display locations, one of our Sales Consultants will guide you through your journey of creating your new home. We will discuss what you are looking for and ensure we find the best possible solution to suit your needs, whether that be a New Home on vacant land, Knock-down re-build or Home and Land package. You have the option to pick from one of our many designs or custom design your new home.
Your Vogue sales consultant will then begin to assess your situation to provide a price expectation at no charge. We listen to your needs and take into consideration your land (as an initial assessment). We do our utmost to confirm if the proposed build is compliant by councils or private certifier’s standards and controls. Once we have completed our initial assessment, we will provide a price expectation; and this will be pending the information you can give us.
What we need from you:
- Copy of your site plan, Linen Plan with DP number (where available)
- Current 149 certificate (within three months of obtained date) and 88b Certificate (if available)
- For Knock-down re-build sites, most documents can be ordered through your local council or in purchase documents
- For new land, documents should be provided within your sales documents or requested through the land developer or council.
Now is the beginning of an exciting and enjoyable part of your building process. We will formalise your plans and tender, the plans and tender highlight your most important features included in your build.
At this stage, you will sit down with a Vogue consultant to sign your contract and tender and approve all final drawings.
We are very excited to work with you to design and build your new home.
There is a lot that goes into building a new home, and our goal is to work cooperatively with you, so your building journey is as smooth and rewarding as possible.
We will begin our detailed assessment of your site and order all required documentation to assist us in pricing your home. We will issue a design and planning fee, which start from $1,000, and it’s a deduction from your contract deposit. This price will depend on your new home requirements (Custom home, Duplex, Vogue Home Design, etc.).
- Obtain site survey
- Create Preliminary plans, including site plan (how your home sits on your land), elevations floor plan and façade 3Ds
- Soil test. Includes testing of salinity and reactivity of soil (determines slab classification). All of this allows us to estimate our piering more accurately, providing you with an upfront price
- Site inspection (where possible)
- Hydraulic Plans (where applicable), which relates to the stormwater management system of the new dwelling and are crucial components of the build application. Most commonly for KDRB or builds in older developments, we may need further works onsite to manage the new volume of stormwater the dwelling produces. These plans will allow us to estimate the costs of these works pre-contract, which in turn will reduce post contract variations.
We offer flexibility throughout the building pre-construction phase and here is where you have the choice to personalise your home, such as move a wall, close in a lounge room etc.
We will formalise your plans and tender. Our plans and tender highlights your most important features included in your build. All our tenders display the Vogue inclusions. You can view these on the “Inclusions” page. Once accepted, you will sit down with a Vogue consultant to sign your contract and tender and approve all final drawings.
For our custom home builders, in conjunction with the above, you will have the opportunity to sit down with our skilled draftsman to tailor your home. This meeting will be arranged while we wait for the survey so the draftsman can work immediately after receiving the survey.
Join our experienced interior designer to complete the look of your new home – personalise your new home with our extensive range of inclusions, and most importantly, we have options. During this stage, in the background, our team is working hard to complete the approval process, either via Complying Development through a Private Certifier or Council approval where required.
At this stage, your Contract Deposit will be due, 5% of the total building contract minus the Planning and designing fee.
We will be working hard behind the scenes to ensure we complete the approval process as quickly as possible. This stage in the process can sometimes be timely, depending on the circumstances of your home. Timeframes can range from 4 weeks to over 24 weeks, e.g. DA approval for a duplex can take anywhere from 8 weeks to 24 weeks depending on council OR a Comply Development via a Private Certifier can take 3-4 weeks.
While we are completing the essential steps to get your home started, you will join our experienced interior designer to complete the look of your new home. You will be able to personalise your new home with our extensive range of inclusions, and most importantly, we have options!
We will be working on:
- Obtaining a full set of plans ready for construction and approvals
- Approvals of the construction plans with council/private certifier
- Getting Engineering plans (including Hydraulics where applicable)
- Waterboard Approval
- Selection meeting in the Vogue Studio
- If you choose, a meeting with our kitchen supplier
- Please meet with our tiler to view our extensive range of tile selections; all included in our Vogue Inclusions!
- See our Inclusions page to view all the options you have in the Vogue Inclusions!!
Once Vogue receives your building approval, we will contact you and supply the appropriate approved documents. These will be required to submit to your bank for home loan purposes. Should you need any other assistance in this area, please contact our customer service representatives.
Everything has come together, and the moment you have been waiting for begins! We’ll introduce you to your construction supervisor who ensures your home is built to the highest of quality standards and on time. We use quality trades whom we have been building loyalty and trust with for over 7+ years.
Your Construction Supervisor will be your primary contact throughout this process. They will provide fortnightly updates – you will also have the opportunity to visit the site with a Vogue Home representative present.
- Slab: Completion of site preparation, piering and slab
- Frame and Windows: Erection of frames and trusses and installation of windows and door frames
- Brick and Roof: Completion of brickwork and roof installed (for two-storey homes, roof excludes lower roof due to scaffolding requirements)
- Gyprock and Lockup: Installation of gyprock and all external points into the house ‘locked up.’
- Kitchen, Tile and 50% Paint: Fully tiled and kitchen installed. 50% of the home will be painted.
- Practical Completion: Home completed and to be ready for handover.
*Please note, that during the building process, Vogue Homes is liable for your site and due to Work Health and Safety restrictions, no access is allowed onsite unless prearranged with Vogue homes and with a Vogue Homes representative.
Welcome to your new Vogue home! As you get your brand new keys, we will provide you with all the necessary warranties and documents. At Vogue Homes, we do not leave you once the handover of the keys is complete, we are there to support you in the next few months should anything arise – this will be your ‘maintenance period’. Welcome to your new Vogue home! As you get your brand new keys, we will provide you with all the necessary warranties and documents.
Items included are:
- Warranties for appliances
- Home Owners Warranty
- Water Proofing certificates
- Smoke Detector Certificate
- Interim/Final Occupation Certificate (ONLY if obtainable)
- Engineering Certificates
- BASIX Compliance Certificate
- Termite Warranty
- Glazing Certificates
At Vogue Homes, we do not leave you once the keys are handed over, we are there to support you in the next few months should anything arise – this will be your ‘maintenance period’. You will be provided, as part of your handover pack, a guide on how to contact us should the need arise.